Helping our members develop an obedient passion for Jesus’ instruction to his disciples in Acts 1:8 is the vision of our missions work at FBC Brandon. Christ’s last words on earth also provide the plan for our Local, State of MS, USA & International Missions engagement.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
2017 Missions Opportunities
Our Jerusalem …Brandon/Rankin County.
Some of the ministry opportunities we have been a part of and are currently involved in:
Ministry to area schools. We have ongoing opportunities. Contact us if you, your family, lifeGroup or friends would like to be involved in ministry to our schools.
Community Ministry through ministry projects we’ve done like Church at Work on Easter Sunday, “Blitz Bowl” on Super Bowl Sunday, Operation Serve, Grace Tree family adoption at Christmas, and more! FBC Brandon is consistently engaged with and searching for creative ways to be involved in ministering to physical/spiritual needs in the Brandon and Rankin County area.
Our Disaster/Storm Relief Team is occasionally called out during disasters and/or storms as well as helping with cleanup afterward. Contact Mark Bowman for info on or to join team.
Other opportunities to serve/donate to in Brandon/Rankin Cty. area are:
Grace Baptist Church (food pantry) 601.824.7334
City of Pelahatchie (food pantry) 601.854.5223
Marvin United Methodist (food pantry/clothing closet) 601.845.7524
South Rankin Food Resource Center, partnered with FBC Richland (help with food) 601.939.1715
FBC Florence (food pantry) 601.845.7578
Christian Women’s Job Corps (clothing closet) 601.826.044
Center for Pregnancy Choices (crisis pregnancy ministry) 601.939.9009 or 601.713.3113
We are involved and providing opportunities for individuals, families, and lifeGroups to be involved in ministry in the Jackson/Metro Area. Some of the ministries we have worked with and recommend are:
- Mississippi Benevolence – Charles Holmes 601.540.3643
- Stewpot Community Services – Tara Lindsey 601.353.2759 email@example.com
- Wingard Home – Roy and Charlotte Wingard 601.355.9589 Ministry to poverty stricken and homeless families and individuals as well as crisis situations.
- We Will Go – Amy Lancaster 601.398.2410 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruth Refuge – (Women’s shelter) Shirley 601.961.3025 email@example.com
- Southside Baptist Church 601.372.9161 Along with helping Southside Baptist conduct their annual holiday meals for the underprivileged in their community on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, Southside needs help keeping their food pantry and clothing closet stocked.
- Center for Pregnancy Choices (crisis pregnancy ministry) 601.939.9009 or 601.713.3113
- Disaster Relief – In times of disaster/emergencies, we have deployed to various areas to respond to floods, hurricanes & tornados.
Our Samaria…the Continental USA (the difficult, more un-reached areas of the US in particular)
- Family Mission Trip, 2017, July 22-27. Clarkston, GA (just east of Atlanta). We will conduct a basketball/cheerleading camp in the mornings, afternoon”backyard Bible school” type ministry opportunities in international immigrant communities through our partner church, Clarkston International Bible Church. Informational/registration brochures are available in lifeGroup classes and the Missions table at the Boyce Thompson Campus and the church office at the College St. Campus. Contact us if you would like info on the 2017 Family Mission Trip.
- We are constantly seeking other strategic areas to send teams to or partner with here in the US!
- Disaster Relief – In times of national disaster, we have mobilized teams to respond during times of floods, hurricanes, torandos, etc.
The “remotest part of the earth”
–Birmingham & London, England 2017 (June 30 – July 12) – MS Baptists partnered with English churches affiliated with the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC) as the world’s attention was focused on the UK for the Summer Olympics in July & August, 2012. We have partnered with Monyhull Church in Birmingham, a church impacting Birmingham with the Gospel through a variety of evangelistic ministries. We have send teams each year since 2012. We will also connect with missionaries working specificaally with the large immigrant population in London on July 10 & 11. *Cost is projected to be $2,100-$2,200**
Thoman, Haiti 2017 (May 13-19) – FBC Brandon has partnered with ButGod Ministries, sending teams who have built homes and churches along with particiaping in a wide variety of ministries (medical to VBS type work with children) since 2012. *Cost is projected to be $1,500-$1,600**
-East Asia 2017 (July 28 – August 8) – We will send a team to work with partners in East Asia (exact location witheld for security purposes) once again. Potential ministry opportunities are English as a Second Language (ESL) and a variety of opportunities with elementary, high schoool and college aged students, and business professionals. Possible work with Unengaged Unreached People Groups, also. *Cost is projected to be $3,400-$3,500**
Share this Post