Helping our members develop an obedient passion for Jesus’ instruction to his disciples in Acts 1:8 is the vision of our missions work at FBC Brandon. Christ’s last words on earth also provide the plan for our Local, State of MS, USA & International Missions engagement.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
2018 Missions Opportunities
Our Jerusalem …Brandon/Rankin County.
Some of the ministry opportunities we have been a part of and are currently involved in:
Ministry to area schools. We have ongoing opportunities. Contact us if you, your family, lifeGroup or friends would like to be involved in ministry to our schools.
Community Ministry through ministry projects we’ve done like Church at Work on Easter Sunday, “Blitz Bowl” on Super Bowl Sunday, Operation Serve, Grace Tree family adoption at Christmas, and more! FBC Brandon is consistently engaged with and searching for creative ways to be involved in ministering to physical/spiritual needs in the Brandon and Rankin County area.
Our Disaster/Storm Relief Team is occasionally called out during disasters and/or storms as well as helping with cleanup afterward. Contact Mark Bowman for info on or to join team.
Other opportunities to serve/donate to in Brandon/Rankin Cty. area are:
Grace Baptist Church (food pantry) 601.824.7334
City of Pelahatchie (food pantry) 601.854.5223
Marvin United Methodist (food pantry/clothing closet) 601.845.7524
South Rankin Food Resource Center, partnered with FBC Richland (help with food) 601.939.1715
FBC Florence (food pantry) 601.845.7578
Christian Women’s Job Corps (clothing closet) 601.826.044
Center for Pregnancy Choices (crisis pregnancy ministry) 601.939.9009 or 601.713.3113
We are involved and providing opportunities for individuals, families, and lifeGroups to be involved in ministry in the Jackson/Metro Area. Some of the ministries we have worked with and recommend are:
- Mississippi Benevolence – Charles Holmes 601.540.3643
- Stewpot Community Services – Tara Lindsey 601.353.2759 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wingard Home – Roy and Charlotte Wingard 601.355.9589 Ministry to poverty stricken and homeless families and individuals as well as crisis situations.
- We Will Go – Amy Lancaster 601.398.2410 email@example.com
- Ruth Refuge – (Women’s shelter) Shirley 601.961.3025 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southside Baptist Church 601.372.9161 Along with helping Southside Baptist conduct their annual holiday meals for the underprivileged in their community on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, Southside needs help keeping their food pantry and clothing closet stocked.
- Center for Pregnancy Choices (crisis pregnancy ministry) 601.939.9009 or 601.713.3113
- Disaster Relief – In times of disaster/emergencies, we have deployed to various areas to respond to floods, hurricanes & tornados.
Our Samaria…the Continental USA (the difficult, more un-reached areas of the US in particular)
- Clarkston, GA, Spring Break, March 9-17, and late July, 2018
- Continuing our partnership with Clarkston Intl. Bible Church, serving the refugee and immigrant populations in the East Atlanta area. Clarkston Intl. Bible Church is undergoing renovation of their buildings through their partnership with the NAMB and can use small teams to help with this throughout the process. We also plan to send teams from FBC during our Spring Break, March 9-17 (primarily older high school and college students, and families of this age range), as well as a Family Type team in late July, 2018. Costs and exact dates, TBD
Anchorage, AK, late June through late July, 2018 is the time frame for this opportunity
- A NAMB church plant, True North Church would like a team from FBC to conduct a VBS, sports camp, or various community targeted satellite bible clubs. *Currently, a youth team is a possibility in 2018. Exact cost TBD, but flight, accommodations and meals, approx. $1,500-$1,600 per team member.
- A new NAMB church plant, Journey Point Fellowship will be launching in 2018. No plans yet for a trip but potentially a team from FBC would be instrumental in some aspect of the launch process. Cost TBD.
Los Angeles (Burbank), CA
- A NAMB church plant, Story City Church, is experiencing solid growth in their community, primarily among families and individuals working in the entertainment industry. They would welcome volunteers coming to assist them with a large evangelistic outreach during Easter, 2018 (March 25 – April 1).
The “remotest part of the earth”
South Asia, February , 2018
- To work with IMB missionaries and indigenous pastors planted as a result of IMB workers. Opportunities will include serving the impoverished and hungry living in slums, working with orphans, conducting doctrinal and ministerial trainings for indigenous pastors, and more! Total cost estimate per team member, $2,100-$2,300.
London, England, Spring Break Trip, March 9 or 10 – March 17, 2018
- Work with IMB missionaries as part of the IMB’s Global Cities Initiative. London is a focus city and one of the most diverse cities in the word. Opportunities will primarily be engaging college students and various immigrant populations, some of which are part of unengaged and/or unreached people groups permanently or temporarily living in London. Total cost estimate per team member, $1,800 – $2,000.
East Asia, May 18 – 31, 2018
- Work with IMB missionaries and indigenous Christians. Opportunities for ministry will primarily be with elementary, high school and college students as well as opportunities with adult business professionals. We will possibly venture out to remote, mountainous areas to work among UUPGs. Total cost estimate per team member and leader, $3,000.
Haiti, June 22-29, 2018
- Working with ButGod Ministry in Thoman, Haiti. Potentially building a house for a family, doing various trainings for parents, work related skill training, VBS type ministry to children, assisting in the medical clinic and continuing the work begun in Mathias…a remote village, accessible only by foot. Total cost estimate per team member and leader$1,600-$1,700,
Birmingham, England, June 29 – July 12
Continuing the partnership with Monyhull Church, helping with evangelistic outreaches in the community and some opportunities to serve with IMB missionaries also. Total cost estimate per person and leader $1,800-$1,900.
Share this Post